Saturday, November 14, 2015

In the Garden at Monticello

In the Garden at Monticello

Everything begins with
the mountain
the backdrop to all.
Up here is
an expansion
a freedom far
wider
than I’ve ever known.
I’ve read that
there are blue disks
buried in the earth
here on this spot
where angels from above
commune with earth spirits.
I can almost taste
that conversation
as I look out on
the sea of
misty blue mountains
stretching into the distance.
With eyes in back of my head
I see a beautiful child
walking behind me,
who is describing:
“It has the body
of a bumblebee,
and the head of a
hummingbird, and the
wings of a dragonfly!”
Her family pay no
attention to her
revelation,
talking of something
else.
“It must be a
dragon-humming-bee!”
she says with awe
in her voice.
Still her family
is silent.
I take note, however.
I’ve heard you.

No comments:

Post a Comment